Project Leader Expectations
Please Sign or Initial Each Blank Space Accordingly
I, ________________________________________, the Project Leader, commit to:
BEFORE THE EVENT
1. _________ Attend a minimum of 2 Project Leader Meetings.
Date / Time:Location:
2/25 or 2/28 and 4/16OC United Office (436 W Commonwealth Ave, Fullerton)
2. _________ Submit my project to the Love Fullerton team (link below) and editing details accordingly, for effective communication to prospective volunteers by March 6th, 2018.
Your project can be edited at lovefullerton.org/
Project example included below:
Name of Project:“Curb Appeal: Painting at Sunny Hills High School”
Project Leader: First Name Last Name
Cell Phone Number: (123) 456-7890
Email Address: email@example.com
Compelling and detailed description: Join a group of motivated volunteers who want to serve the students at Sunny Hills High School with freshly painted curbs surrounding the perimeter of their ENTIRE campus! We will provide paint rollers, gloves, and other equipment. We just need YOU!
Time Commitment: 8am – 12:30pm, and FREE lunch 12:30-2pm
Family Friendly or Child Friendly Project? Yes or No
Junior High Friendly or High School Student friendly? Yes or No
Max number of Volunteers: 30
3. _________ Organize and monitor ALL of my project’s details so that it will be a success for all parties involved. Monitor / edit my project via http://lovefullerton.org. After you have created a profile, click returning volunteers and sign in, then click on my profile. On the left hand side you will find my projects. From there you will be able to communicate with your volunteers. If you need to edit your volunteer number or the project details, email your project manager or Jay.
4. _________ Identify project’s tasks, tools, and materials needed. Submit to materials coordinator by Wed April 18th (2 weeks before event). Includes picking up of tools from shed at Storage Unit (199 Basque Ave, Fullerton) on Monday April 23th (5 days before event). Get us your Paint needs by Monday April 11th.
4. _________ Call / email each of my project’s volunteers by (1) thanking them for signing up (2) giving them necessary instructions, reminders, misc.; WITHIN 24 HOURS of their sign up each week through the final month leading up to the event (You must also communicate with volunteers who wait until the last minute to sign up).
5. _________ Champion my project (Word of mouth, social media, email, posters, yard signs etc.) and mobilize volunteers to sign up (at http://lovefullerton.org). I will encourage my friends and family to join me!
6. _________ Make sure I CLEARLY inform EACH volunteer that our ENTIRE TEAM, INCLUDING MYSELF, will be gathering at the rally (Downtown Fullerton Plaza -- Harbor and Wilshire Ave, 121 E. Wilshire Ave) near a sign CLEARLY LABELED with our project’s title. DONOT MEET at the service project’s location until after the rally. Festivities begin at 8:00 am and end at 9:10 am. Projects start promptly at 9:30 am.
DURING THE EVENT
7. _________ Be at the morning rally by 7:30am (please DO NOT be late) for the project leader meeting before festivities begin, checking in at the stage platform with the other project leaders to obtain last minute info, standing on near banner/sign for my project, and meeting with my volunteers.
8. _________ To prepare and share a short orientation with my volunteers at 9:30am at the project site about (1) what your team will be doing, (2) vision for your project, and (3) asking if it would be ok to stay in touch with them (since you will have their contact information). Hopefully many will continue to volunteer and journey in life with you long-term!
AFTER THE EVENT
9. _________ Thank my volunteers after the project is completed including (1) Thank you for your time and (2) How great it was getting to know them.
10. _________ Submit a summary to the Love Fullerton team including a brief recap of the day, your experience (good, bad, etc), and a couple of photos.
11. _________ If open to committing to potentially leading projects like this throughout the year at the same location, I will connect with OC United staff informing of my decision.
Love Fullerton 2017 --- PROJECT LEADER EXPECTATIONS